Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who is located in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale Metropolitan area, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn OBC team.
If you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role we want to hear from you!
Purpose of the Role
- To be the primary team member responsible to handle the AP—the bills or liability—for the organization. Further making sure that bills are accurate and paid on time and that any invoices received are authorized.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Register all purchase invoices onto sage and ensure appropriate authorization.
- Post all authorized purchase invoices, checking coding and VAT treatment.
- Post all authorized expenses and ensure they are compliant with the expense policy.
- Ensure unauthorized invoices are investigated and cleared.
- Compare supplier statements to sage records and investigate any discrepancies
- Prepare weekly payment run and ensure invoices are paid when due.
- In time take ownership of the purchase ledgers, investigating and resolving creditor balances.Accounts receivable
- Raise sales invoices accurately and to agreed timescales, including raising invoices from flight schedules as well as requests from brokers.Filing
- Ensure all records are accurately filed both manually and electronically.Other
- Provide cover within the accounts department during holidays, sickness or busy periods, to cover banking and daily supplier payments and intercompany reconciliations.
- Undertake other duties as appropriate to the role and within the competence of the role holder to include overtime duties when required.
- Other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies of the company.Key attributes
- Team player, happy to help other team members and go the extra mile
- Attention to detail is crucial when raising sales invoices, must show a real care and pride in quality of work.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to stay cool under pressure when dealing with demanding brokers.Correlation with
- To work in correlation with Finance and operational departments across the group (where applicable).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Management TeamsGroup policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.Additional
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Ensure all records are accurately filed both manually and electronically.
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.