Automotive Director, Global
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for an experienced Automotive Director who located in either the UK (Birmingham)/ Germany/ Poland/ Slovakia/ Spain and is seasoned in the aviation industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment; and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of the chain supply for automotive; will be a hands-on and collaborative leader; enjoy developing others and leading a team.
If you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role we want to hear from you!
Purpose of the Role
- To develop, in conjunction with the Chief Commercial Officer and Regional Director’s requirements, strategies in the automotive sector, as well as long and short terms objectives
- To work closely with the Regional Directors to align and coordinate operations and sales activities for the commercial benefit of the Company and to provide solutions where issues arise.
- Working alongside Regional Directors to help train and develop broking staff with company standard operating procedures.
- To assist the Group by delivering new clients and enhancing existing customer’s business worldwide, by also utilising the supporting teams in the regions.Key Job ResponsibilitiesAutomotive
- Responsible for developing and communicating the cargo strategies for the automotive sector (global, regional and local level) to achieve the targets, expand the customer base and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Implementing business objectives across the Group in line with the Executive Committee and Regional Director’s requirements.
- To work in conjunction with Country Managers and Regional Directors to develop with them, country and/or region-specific plans and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business and increase the revenue
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets.
- To monitor the monthly progress against the strategies set and/or budgets and report to the Chief Commercial Officer any issues or concerns making appropriate recommendations for action where applicable.
- To report back to the Chief Commercial Officer on the country and/or regional activities and align strategies with Country Managers.
- To monitor the progress of the automotive cargo strategies against individual regional budgets and regularly report progress to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- To improve group communication through regular dialogue with internal stakeholders and to promote closer, and coordinated working relationships amongst automotive and cargo personnel across the Group.
- To advise management and relevant broker teams on the agreed annual cargo strategies on a regular basis to ensure adherence and smooth operations.
- Developing, in conjunction, with Regional Directors, regional resources for cargo teams working within the automotive sector
- To provide support and guidance to Cargo teams working within the automotive sector.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to automotive teams within the various regions.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach for inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate automotive cargo Strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire the automotive teams by providing mentoring and ongoing training, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.Marketing
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives within the cargo vertical to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organisation’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events, where applicable.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- To work in conjunction with the Regional Directors and Senior Management teams to ensure that both Operational and Sales activities are aligned and work in harmonization with each other.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for all future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.