Business Development Executive
We currently have a rare opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our growing team in Australia. Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with at least 4 years’ of experience in Sales, coming from a freight forwarding, air freight or air charter background. Specific experience in markets such as oil and gas, mining, aerospace or defence supply chain is also desirable for the candidate to bring. A driven individual who enjoys hunting and securing business, the successful candidate will be able to handle pressure with ease.
We have two available positions so we are open to candidates based remotely on the West Coast, in Perth, and on the East Coast, for example Brisbane or Sydney. In addition there is a requirement for inter-state travel to maintain customer relationships, prospect for new business, and for inter-office team building. There may also be a requirement for international travel and travel to airports where there are charter flight operations occurring.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business
Purpose of Role
- To work cooperatively and as part of a team to systematically hunt, track and yield business opportunities for the cargo product.
- To build strong, productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations, networking opportunities and developing strategic markets.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Work towards and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies.
- Work in partnership with the local broker departments by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process.
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Cold calling prospect clients to help build on our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- To support client when required including flight riding and airport repping.
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers for offers
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule and ensure profitability
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with CF charter agreement whilst meeting the expectations of the client
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information
- Monitor and report on flight progress
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.