Cargo Charter Broker
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for an experienced Cargo Charter Broker located near Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, FL who is seasoned in the the aviation, freight forwarding or travel industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment; and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn team.
If you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role we want to hear from you!
Purpose of the Role
- Serve as the qualified and trusted link between clients and aircraft operators
- Manage all aspects of cargo charter flights
- Maximize business opportunities by creating tailored solutions to meet client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions while ensuring a profit for the company
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of Cargo charter flights
- Respond to flight requests and communicate with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions
- Provide prompt and concise communication to clients and internal team regarding flight management
- Negotiate with aircraft operators to procure the best value for clients
- Help analyze routes, payloads, dimensions, and timelines in order to propose the best aircraft for clients’ requirements
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and meet company requirements
- Manage problems using independent judgment and provide sound solutions to ensure client satisfaction
- Accurately verify supplier contracts to ensure all terms comply with company charter agreements
- Prepare and issue detailed flight briefs
- Pre-qualify new suppliers to add to our reliable and sustainable supply of aircraft
- Use internal management systems to obtain operator quotes, prepare estimates and send client invoices to the finance department
- Use internal systems to track flights
- Participate in the team on-call flight tracking rotation
- Maintain relationships with cargo operators to ensure access to the widest range of aircraft
- Help maintain accurate and updated client and operator profiles
Client Relationship Management & Business Development
- Creatively identify new clients for the Chapman Freeborn customer portfolio
- Creatively Identify new business development areas: customers and industry sectors
- Provide sales activity support for new business development
- Attend and represent the organization at trade shows, conferences and industry events, where applicable.
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sales and negotiations skills
- Relationship building/account management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and artists from the entertainment industry.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a sports team, or booking private jets to a resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.