Cargo Sales Manager, West Coast
Los Angeles, CA
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a seasoned Cargo Sales Manager, West Coast, who has experience and a passion for the air charter, aviation, freight forwarding, logistics or travel industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- Proactively identify and secure new business opportunities across all cargo products
- Source and introduce new business within key focus industries (Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas, and Industrials, etc.)
- Develop and maintain operator/vendor relationship within the region
- Develop and implement cargo sales strategies aligned with company objectives
- Work in partnership with the U.S. Cargo Charter Brokers and assist with the brokering where necessary
- Expose the company to a wider audience and promote all group products and services to new clients
- Enhance the company’s image as a market leader for cargo air charter services
Key Job Responsibilities
- To identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- Visit potential clients with a view to generating further business.
- Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations with a view to identifying further business opportunities, raise profile and brand recognition of the Chapman Freeborn Group.
- Attend exhibitions, trade shows, conferences and other general networking activities in order to raise the market.
- Develop regional sales strategy including key focus areas and new and existing clients (forwarders, shippers, agencies, etc.).
- Ensure the alignment of all commercial activities within the region and develop an understanding of all relevant markets.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers.
- Develop specific commercial plans and implement related business objectives in line with overall strategies, including sales and marketing and supplier strategies.
- Monitor progress monthly against Sales Strategy and report to the Senior Vice President, Cargo on a regular basis highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for all future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.