Commercial Business Partner EU (Business Analyst)
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We have a new and exciting role available as a Commercial Business Partner for the Europe region. We are ideally looking for a candidate with up to three years’ experience in a business analyst role or similar, with a focus on creating business plans and reporting.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, with excellent attention to detail and experience in auditing large and complex data sets. We are searching for a fluent German and English speaker who enjoys building strong working relationships.
We are open to consider candidates based close to our offices in Frankfurt, Germany.
Purpose of Role
- To be the focal point in the region for all analytical matters relating to commercial, operational and financial performance of the region.
- To work in closely with the Company’s DA&BI and BS&P teams and dictate the region’s requirements in relation to external data sources, such as Seabury and World ACD.
- Providing effective finance and commercial input, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered. Working closely with relevant department managers.
- To work in line with the Company’s Finance Strategy as set out by the Chief Finance Officer, in order to ensure the Group’s financial procedures are followed and targets are met.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and their teams while working in a collaborative manner with internal & external stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities
Business Intelligence and Analysis
- Create standardized reports for the various departments within the region that look at internal metrics and as well as external metrics, such as trade data and competitor activity.
- Drive the impact and understanding of financial information through insightful reporting and interpretation to influence decision making and promote business performance across the region.
- Advocate automation for generic reporting and develop this alongside the Company’s DA&BI and BS&P teams
- Be the point of contact within the region for any ad-hoc commercial or financial reporting requirements.
Partner the Commercial Team
- Form a close working relationship with the commercial teams and all other job roles that the job role holder will work with as part of their duties.
- Work with senior management and relevant departments to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, agents and advisors.
- To complete ad hoc finance work and/or projects as and when required.
- To proactively strive to improve the data we capture and the KPI’s we report on.
- Continually strive to improve and amend system and controls ongoing and to proactively make recommendations for improvements.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis, guidance and support across any and all matters related to financial performance and processes.
- Assist the regional team with the preparation and review of costings / profitability reports for customers and product verticals.
- Assisting the Regional Director with the forecasting & budgeting process.
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.