Fort Lauderdale, FL or Los Angeles, CA
Chapman Freeborn Airchartering has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Coordinator to join our diverse global Compliance team in or near Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Los Angeles, CA (with the opportunity for a hybrid work from home schedule).
The successful candidate will be passionate about the aviation or travel industry, savvy in Know Your Customers (KYC) guidelines; fraud prevention; compliance and risk assessments; and have awareness of regulatory laws/International Sanctions.
If this is you, we want to hear from you today!
Purpose of the Role
- Support the global Compliance Department in advising on risk-related inquiries (including financial crime prevention queries)
- Complete tasks to support colleagues during the onboarding of KYC clients and vendors
- Assist as subject matter expert on risk and compliance-related matters across the company brands
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a high-level view of the organization’s compliance procedures, and serve as a subject matter expert on all compliance-related matters
- Develop a deep understanding and working knowledge of systems, transaction flows and data used in the business
- Perform compliance checks and monitor progress of new clients and/or vendors in the onboarding process
- Respond to questions relating to compliance requirements
- Provide status updates regarding the progress of onboarding activities. Ensure accurate tracking and documentation of the process
- Assist with collection of metrics on the status of the onboarding and due diligence checks process.
- Maintain a database of risk information pertaining to third parties
- Educate employees regarding regulatory and compliance procedures and policies
- Use routine audits to identify potential compliance risks
- Help implement policies, systems, or controls to reduce risk
- Stay up to date with regulatory changes
- Deliver reports regarding progress, challenges, and changes to our compliance procedures
- Appropriately assess risk with regulatory change management and escalate to business leaders
- Support the Head of Compliance with special projects on request
- Supported by Head of Compliance, provide advisory, support and guidance on compliance issues
Qualities We Look For
- 1-2 years’ experience in regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of industry regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Aptitude to identify potential compliance issues or deviations
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and diligence
- Ability to exhibit the highest standards of integrity and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication
- Detailed organizational skills
- Self-motivated with analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and artists from the entertainment industry.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a sports team, or booking private jets to a resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so, please refrain from calling us.