Environmental & Sustainability manager
Are you ready to soar to new heights?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for an Environmental and Sustainability Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Magma Aviation team.
If you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role we want to hear from you!
Purpose of the Role
Lead and manage our environmental compliance and sustainability efforts. The Environmental & Sustainability Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing environmental policies, programs, and initiatives that align with our business goals, regulations, and best practices.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating written content for e-marketing and working in partnership with the digital marketing team to ensure the successful execution of campaigns.
- Liaising with outside suppliers including printers, event organizers, etc.
- Supporting sales activities with targeted presentations, proposals, and other support – ensuring that all marketing material is in line with group marketing procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain environmental and social policies, procedures, and practices for the company.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable environmental and social regulations.
- Perform environmental and social impact assessments and identify areas of improvement to minimize the company’s environmental footprint and potential social impacts.
- Be acquainted with GHG emissions data collection and therefore with the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard (scopes 1, 2, and 3).
- Develop and implement environmental and social training programs for employees, clients, and contractors.
- Work with various departments to identify areas for improvement in environmental and social management and develop strategies to achieve sustainability goals.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with environmental and social regulations and best practices.
- Establish and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies, industry associations, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the company’s carbon footprint reduction strategy, including participation in the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and other carbon offset programs.
- Collaborate with clients and suppliers to promote environmental and social sustainability efforts in the aviation industry.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure the effective sharing of information and full awareness of agendas
- Keep up to date with the activities of other internal and external actors using the appropriate network of communication.
- Ensure customers and suppliers are kept appraised of our environmental and sustainable initiatives and subsequent opportunities for improved interaction.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner and in line with Company governance requirements.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-departmental business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate agreed strategies to personnel to ensure local support and successful implementation
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the sustainable landscape
- Take the initiative in thorough leadership, focusing on innovation and creativity.
- To work in correlation with the Senior Leadership Teams across the company.
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by The Company
Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- Travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures, and requirements relating to the job role