Hong Kong, Hong Kong
We are recruiting for a Finance Administrator to join our On Board Courier (handcarry) division at our office in Hong Kong. The successful candidate would have previous experience working in a finance department and will be confident with reporting, payroll and various administration duties. Previous experience of working on an international level or within the aviation or travel industries would be highly desirable for a candidate to bring. A strong team player, the ideal candidate will support the day-to-day upkeep of the office with a varied and busy workload.
Chapman Freeborn offers On Board Courier solutions and thrives on completing challenging time-critical deliveries globally. Our specialist hand-carry division “Chapman Freeborn OBC” has a global network of freelance couriers and level of expertise that is second to none in the industry!
Due to the global nature of the business and team structure, it is essential for the successful candidate to speak fluent Mandarin and English; any additional language skills such as Spanish or French are desirable.
Purpose of Role
- To manage various aspects of Finance and Office to ensure positive contribution to the achievement of the organisation’s goals.
- To assist in the provision of financial reports to management to enable them to monitor the business and make effective decisions.
- To safeguard the assets of the organisation, most notably cash and debtors.
- To work closely with local OBC Operations Manager and provide hands on support.
- To build strong productive relationships with external parties to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide assistance where required to control and reconcile the balance sheet and income statement accounts monthly.
- Assist with reviews to ensure all income and costs are recorded in the correct period.
- Assist management in maximizing profits by identifying opportunities to cut costs.
Management of cash flow & authorisation of payments
- Ensure all payments and receipts are processed timeously and accurately.
- Ensure banks are reconciled regularly.
- Monitor and manage the cash flow needs of the company by ensuring debts are recovered and payments are made to suppliers on time utilising credit terms as far as possible.
- Check and sign all payments to ensure their validity, correctness and to limit the organisation’s exposure to risk as far as possible.
Accounts Payable Management
- Ensure invoices are authorised appropriately, processed timeously and accurately.
- Ensure third party and intercompany creditors are paid within terms, but taking advantage of credit terms provided.
- Ensure the weekly creditor’s report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all sales invoices are raised timeously and accurately.
- Ensure third party debts and intercompany debts are recovered within terms and any disputes are resolved timeously.
- Ensure the weekly debtors’ report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the monthly payroll process, ensuring that all payroll amendments have been calculated correctly and have appropriate sign-off.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with staff contributions towards pension or other benefits.
- Advise Group HR of any contract changes for staff (such as; salaries, benefits, working hours, place of work, reporting line etc.)
Audit File & Legally required filings
- Assist with preparation and review of the audit file on a yearly basis.
- Assist auditors as required to ensure the audit progresses smoothly to required timescales and the auditors are furnished with all necessary documentation and explanations.
- Communicate with Tax Agent for submission of all tax filings.
Administration and Office Support
- Support the local team in answering incoming calls to the office.
- Liaise with building management and Sub-Contractor where applicable.
- Ensure adequate supply of all office stationery and refreshments etc.
- Ensure all records are kept in line with statutory requirements and are accurately filed to enable effective retrieval.
- Open and distribute post daily, handle courier deliveries and ensure these reach the nominated recipient and provide advice on non-standard postal and courier dispatch.
- Liaising with insurance providers and insurance brokers to ensure insurance policies are renewed to required timescales and are fully compliant and to maintain yearly records for all local insurance policies.
- Manage and maintain all documentation for employees who hold Credit Cards.
- Coordinate Health & Safety in line with local legislations.
- To be aware of office expenditure and carefully monitor the costs for the office in line with annual budgets.
- Build strong, productive relationships with internal customers as well as external customers and suppliers (banks, auditors, insurers etc) to ensure our business objectives are achieved.
- Address customer concerns and complaints where applicable.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the advertised positions.
Chapman Freeborn OBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any resumes or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.