Flight Support Coordinator
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a Flight Support Coordinator in the UK, Gatwick, who has several years of experience in a similar role, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide operational support for the department, enabling the product to be delivered to a VIP standard and to the required deadline.
- To make the department more productive enabling more flights to be booked.
- To provide additional support on brokering duties to the team and to assist with day-to-day business operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage all operational aspects of charters from flight confirmation to flight completion and customer feedback.
- Create detailed flight briefs for fixed bookings.
- Liaise with brokers and / or clients on flight setup.
- Liaise and set up flight watch coverage with Chapman Freeborn Operations Team using in house documentation.
- Issue flight briefs with all accurate flight information.
- Communicate with suppliers at all times to ensure clients requirements are met to a VVIP standard.
- Coordinate with airport handlers and authorities to set up VVIP handling, tarmac access, government entrances, VIP lounges, aircraft parking, flight connections, etc.
- Coordinate with transportation for tarmac access, driver’s clearances, etc.
- Coordinate with customs / handlers for UK remote clearances, pre clearances, passports and ATA carnets stamping in case of freight carriage.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure that all special requests are fulfilled. E.g. catering, wheelchairs, carts, etc.
- Setup ancillary flight options, VIP lounges, decals, cars, special requests etc.
- Prepare passenger lists and make sure that current Passenger lists are logged in the handlers system to provide the current boarding passes when passenger arrive.
- Arrange representatives and flights riders for specific projects, transport, hotac etc.
- Find opportunities to increase revenue e.g. transport, VIP lounges, headrests, catering, etc.
- Use established in-house systems to document client relationship management.
- Use established in-house systems and formats to log and generate operational documentation.
- Ensure all client and supplier data is kept up to date and is managed in a discreet and legal compliant manner.
- Update airline, airport, handlers and other relevant operational data vital to the day to day operations of the team.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers.
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport control authority procedures.
- Update the VIP operators list with the most recent information on the operator’s fleet details.
- Ensure airport capabilities and requirements are kept up to date.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested by the line manager to include additional working hours as and when required.
- To travel when required in line with the Companies Operations Strategies.
Qualities We Look For
- Experience in a similar field within aviation industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan in advance and make fast decisions.
- Ability to structure and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail.
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.