Group Cargo Operations Director
We are currently recruiting for a Group Cargo Operations Director to join our growing Cargo team!
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced cargo aviation executive to further develop on aligning and coordinating our group’s global cargo operations whilst building a professional career with an industry leader. We are looking for a hands-on leader who will actively motivate and mentor our teams globally; promoting closer and more coordinated working relationships amongst Cargo colleagues across the group and supporting to implement the Executive Committee’s overall strategies.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business. Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Purpose of Role
- To work across the Global Cargo department to align and coordinate operations (in line with the Executive Committee overall Strategies) for the commercial benefit of the group and to provide solutions where issues arise.
- To improve group communication through regular dialog with Country Managers / Brokers (in line with Cargo Operations Strategies) and to promote closer, and more coordinated, working relationships amongst Cargo employees across the group.
- To help train and develop broking employees with company standard operating procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To create an operational excellence group covering our top 30 airline partner across the Cargo products, including strategic airport hubs and ground handlers.
- Ensure any Airline related commissions are kept centrally, can be accessed and visible for all Cargo Brokers globally.
- In conjunction with Product Directors put together short, medium and long term third party assets to cover ‘peak season’, Covid related surges and vaccine distribution (COVAX).
- Ensure full utilisation of operational systems to ensure key measurements and internal data are better measured. Ensuring that any ‘non-compliant’ users are highlighted and actioned accordingly.
- Implement better utilisation of internal Flight Support function to support a positive work/life balance for all brokers.
- Ensure Chapman Freeborn has qualified Dangerous Goods specialists covering each Geographical region. Aligning with the Risk Management team to ensure we have a clear record of who are the specialists.
- Create and maintain a ‘Broker Academy’ that builds on future talent and succession. This includes creating additional support for the Broker teams when unexpected surges happen (Humanitarian/Government/Automotive).
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to Country Managers / Brokers.
- Manage and provide support to specific countries as and when required.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate Cargo Operations Strategies outlined by the Executive Committee to Country Managers.
- Lead and inspire Country Managers / Brokers to provide mentoring, training and development of team members, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all employee interactions and employee matters.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the direct reports.
- Effectively manage the direct reports in line with policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations.
- Set targets for the direct reports annual expectations in conjunction with performance and training.
- Provide guidance to the direct reports on delivery of key responsibilities and monitor individuals’ progress against the set team targets.
- Provide support and decisive recommendations for solutions when problems occur and take corrective action when needed.
- Ensure effective balance of workload across the team.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Cargo employees using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.