Head of ACMI
We are currently searching for an experienced Head of ACMI to join our growing team based in Dubai, UAE. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in building up and managing a global team. The focus of this role will be to create and implement an ACMI strategy across our global offices, so a high level of demonstrable knowledge and experience in this field will be required to succeed in this role. The ideal candidate will also be skilled in building and driving new business contacts as well as maintaining strong working relationships with key clients.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Purpose of Role
- To develop, in conjunction with the holding company’s Regional Director and the Executive Committee’s requirements, the ACMI Strategies on an annual basis and offer advice and guidance to senior leaders as required.
- To proactively work with all CF group companies and regions and CF’s parent company ASG (Avia Solutions Group) to identify suitable ACMI opportunities.
- To work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer – Passenger Solutions and Regional Director – IMEA to align and coordinate operations and sales activities (in line with the Executive Committee’s overall strategies) for the commercial benefit of the group and to provide solutions where issues arise.
- To pro-actively build, manage and motivate a global ACMI team fostering a positive work environment and team culture.
- Focus on growth, expansion and developing the product across the group. Staying ahead of competitors and developing a unique selling point (USP) for the product over competitors.
- Develop a global sales presence through direct prospecting, presentation and negotiation meetings and / or specific events globally. Filtering this down to all personnel in line with KPI.
- Increase sales to existing customers by enhancing the services offered, including cross selling and collaboration of ASG products.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, manage certain key existing accounts, including developing a strategic approach to retention of existing clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
ACMI Sales Strategy
- Responsible for developing the ACMI Strategies (global, regional and local) and implementing related business objectives across the Group in line with the Executive Committee’s requirements.
- Working in conjunction with senior management and brokers, to develop with them, country specific plans in line with ACMI Strategies and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- Monitor progress monthly against ACMI Strategies and report to the CCO-Passenger Solutions and Regional Director – IMEA on a regular basis highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- To report back on the activities and adherence to ACMI strategies of each region/country.
ACMI Sales & Operations
- Lead and oversee the broking and service delivery performance levels with a focus on improving operational disciplines, customer and supplier contract performance.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- To proactively research, identify and grow business opportunities for the ACMI product in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Work in partnership with the local broker departments by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process
- Ensure all contracts are made according to company requirements, are accurate and legally compliant with managers approval.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to all ACMI staff.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels including to the parent company Avia Solutions Group.
- Positively communicate ACMI Strategies and to lead and inspire senior management and brokers to provide mentoring, training and development of team members, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.
- Effectively manage personnel in line with Group HR policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
Correlation with senior management and Product Directors
- To work in conjunction with the passenger Product Directors and senior management to ensure that both Operational and Sales activities are aligned and work in harmonization with each other.
- To actively build strong rapport with the CCO Passenger Solutions and Regional Director IMEA to ensure the ACMI strategy is implemented effectively.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the successful candidate. Please don’t hesitate to send us your application should you meet the above mentioned criteria. Please note that only candidate with the relevant experience will be considered.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.