HR Business Partner
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a seasoned HR Business Partner who has experience and a passion for the air charter, aviation, freight forwarding, logistics or travel industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To work closely with the organisation’s managers and senior leaders in order to implement HR strategy that closely supports the overall aims of the organisation.
- This role will be the lead APAC role and work in conjunction with the President – APAC, providing mentoring to support development and to create a strong business support function.
- To work in conjunction with the President – APAC, Head of HR and the HR team to streamline HR processes and create consistency and fairness in approaches.
- To work closely with the President – APAC as required.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To take ownership and the lead in managing all APAC employee relation workload.
- Consult and work in conjunction with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough investigations in line with local legislation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the Legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with managers and employees in APAC to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise); Design and deliver high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the President – APAC and Head of HR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and staff on request.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers and contract changes.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments to/from APAC and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning, to the President – APAC and Head of HR.
- Identifies training needs for business units in APAC and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change with stakeholders.
- To ensure staffing data is accurate and securely held to allow for HR analytics to be produced and trends to be established.
- To work closely with the HR team to ensure ER items are tackled in line with the business agenda .
- Support payroll and assist with payroll queries in conjunction with the relevant finance teams.
- Managing an coordinating the benefits for APAC, and actively work with the Head of HR and appropriate President to review
- healthcare, pensions and all other staffing benefits appropriate to the region.
- To ensure that all people data is kept safe and secure on the employee drives as per Head of HR’s instructions, as well as on the HRIS.
- To ensure that all people data is accurately updated in a timely manner on the HRIS to ensure HR reporting can be made without errors.
- To follow all Group HR procedures and policies to ensure consistency for the HR support internationally.
- To keep the Head of HR and President – APAC updated on all employee relations matters in a timely and professional manner.
- To assist the recruitment team with any recruitment needs for APAC as required by the business.
- Positively communicate HR Strategies and processes outlined by the Head of HR, in all interactions with the HR team, employees and managers.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to the HR team, coaching, mentoring and working in collaboration where required.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Review and implement best practices in conjunction with the Head of HR to meet the immediate and future staffing requirements of the organisation.
- Participate in meetings to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the HR team.
- Keep up to date with activities of other HR members using the appropriate network of communication.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Positively communicate agreed strategies to local personnel to ensure local support and successful implementation.
- To work in correlation with all HR members across the group (where applicable).
- To work in correlation with the President – APAC (where applicable).
- Work in conjunction with the HR team to create consistency and alignment within the employee relations division.
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Executive Committee, Senior Management, Management Teams and Head of HR.
- Ensure that all marketing material are in line with Group Marketing procedures.
Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
What will our ideal candidate have?
- Minimum 2-3 Years of relevant experience
- To be based in the mentioned location
- Speaks local regional language and English at an effective operational command.
- Knowledge of the local market
- Experience in Aviation industry
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.