ICT System Administrator
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for an ICT System Administrator in the UK (Gatwick), who has several years of experience in a similar role, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To assist the Head of ICT in ensuring that an effective IT service is provided globally by supporting all users and maintaining a healthy IT system
- To proactively develop and deliver ICT Infrastructure strategy in line with company strategic plans and the Avia Solutions Group (ASG) instructions
- To propose and implement improvements to the ICT infrastructure worldwide
- Administering, installing, upgrading, monitoring and maintaining the server infrastructure on premise and in the cloud
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Preparation and maintenance of full documentation on all systems, procedures, solutions, projects and issues
- Evaluation, installation, testing and configuration of new software and hardware
- Responsible for security compliance, backup and other related operational areas
- Will have a responsibility to work on new lCT projects to support CFG and ASG requirements. Must have an aptitude for quickly acquiring additional technical expertise in related areas as and when needed.
- Administering an Active Directory multi-site infrastructure
- Supporting and expanding our office network infrastructure
- Contributing towards documentation of ICT policies and processes
- Identify and propose ICT process improvements within the Chapman Freeborn group to ensure the optimum use of ICT systems.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN network and telephone systems.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company in alignment with ASG
- Manage the instances of the cloud (SaaS) infrastructure services and multiple cloud vendors
- Designing and implementing on premise and infrastructure to meet business needs related to storage, networking, etc.
- Provide training, guidance and technical support to the Group ICT Team and assist the technical support team on daily service tickets
- Identify and propose ICT process, infrastructure and security improvements within the Chapman Freeborn group to ensure optimum use of secure ICT systems
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 out of hour’s duty rota within the ICT team.
Qualities We Look For
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- The candidate should have a strong technical design, implementation, support, administration and troubleshooting skills in at least two of the following technologies and be trained to MCITP / MCSE / VCP Level
- Experienced in (technical) documentation
- Project Management
Required technical skills:
- Active Directory (actual versions): group policy, DHCP, DHCP failover, security, replication and backup
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer preferable – experience with Active Directory Federation Services
- Experience in architecting, designing, and troubleshooting of MS Active Directory in a large-scale multi-site environment
- Experience in MDM solutions, preferably Microsoft Intune, including direct experience with Autopilot, application deployment and updates, patching, Windows 10/11 administration, iOS and Android mobile phone administration and other supporting technologies, Windows Hello configuration, End Point Security and Compliance
- PowerShell and PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Azure (Multiple Subsriptions, key vaults, enterprise apps / SSO Configuration,security, VPN, vNets, vServers, Storage, Azure automation, Reporting, Privileged Identity Management (PIM) + Access Reviews, Traffic manager, RBAC, Update Management (Server Patching), Log Analytics, Conditional Access, Cost analysis and Reporting
- AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator, Azure Solutions Architect Expert qualification would be benefitial
- Firewall and Network Security
- Microsoft 365 (General Management, Licensing (Using Groups) and License Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint (Management and Configuration)
- Microsoft Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Auditing Tools (e.g. Netwrix)
- Cyber Security Solutions (e.g. Palo Alto, Cloudflare, Darktrace, Cybereason)
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.