Los Angeles, USA
We are recruiting for a motivated Commercial Broker to join the On Board Courier (handcarry) division at our established office location in Los Angeles.
Chapman Freeborn OBC offers door-to-door, on board courier services for time-critical shipments. The company is headquartered in Europe with additional operations centres in USA and Hong Kong – providing clients with 24/7/365 hand-carry solutions.
With Chapman Freeborn OBC, a dedicated courier accompanies the shipment from pick up to delivery straight to the recipient. Whether it’s manufacturing components to keep an assembly line running, the latest prototype technology, or a time-sensitive consignment of samples, Chapman Freeborn OBC gets it delivered.
The ideal candidate brings previous work experience from the aviation, handcarry, travel or freight forwarding industry and will possess the skills required to coordinate multiple shipments in a timely and structured manner in a pressured environment. We are looking for confident individuals who are passionate about the Aviation Industry and are keen to further their career in the competitive and fast-paced handcarry industry. If you feel you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you!
Purpose of the role
- To handle, monitor and follow-up on incoming customer requests for OBC shipments in a 24/7 shift cover.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering customers tailor-made solutions to meet clients’ requests within budgetary and operational restrictions, while making a suitable profit for the Company.
- To build strong productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- To evaluate customer business needs and logistics/courier requirements and formulate an effective plan to meet such needs and requirements.
- Preparing of time-critical quotations for incoming requests ensuring a timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Allocating of couriers to pending orders for worldwide requests and booking of their travel arrangements.
- Liaise, direct and give clear detailed instructions and information to couriers on their assignments and modify assignments as broker deems necessary to meet global customer needs.
- Monitor and tracking of on-going shipments with the purpose to ensure high quality service is delivered and the company’s expectations are met at any time.
- Sourcing, selecting and negotiating with external suppliers and service providers with the responsibility of determining and delivering appropriate training if necessary to meet the company requirements.
- Debtor and Creditor Invoicing and order settlement.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events when required.
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Due to the global nature of the business, it is highly desirable for the successful candidate to bring additional language skills such as fluent Mandarin, Spanish or French. Fluent written and spoken English is an essential requirement.
- All of our On-Board Courier Brokers are office and desk based and must use the provided office equipment such as computers, telephones, scanner and printer on a daily basis.
- Lifting of items weighing up to 30 lbs is a requirement.
We offer a competitive salary and an enhanced benefits package with the advertised positions, which are classified as exempt.
Chapman Freeborn OBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any resumes or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.