OBC Broker (On-Board Courier)
We are recruiting for On-Board Couriers to join the OBC (On-Board Courier/ Hand Carry) division at our office in Los Angeles.
Chapman Freeborn offers On Board Courier solutions and thrives on completing challenging time-critical deliveries globally. Our specialist hand-carry division “Chapman Freeborn OBC” has a global network of couriers and a level of expertise that is second to none in the industry!
The ideal candidate brings previous work experience from the aviation, hand carry, travel, or freight forwarding industry and will possess the skills required to coordinate multiple shipments in a timely and structured manner in a pressured environment. We are looking for confident individuals who are passionate about the Aviation Industry and are keen to further their career in the competitive and fast-paced hand-carry industry. If you feel you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role then we would love to hear from you!
Purpose of the role
- To handle, monitor, and follow up on incoming customer requests for OBC shipments in a 24/7 shift cover.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering customers tailor-made solutions to meet clients’ requests within budgetary and operational restrictions, while making a suitable profit for the Company.
- To build strong productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- To evaluate customer business needs and logistics/courier requirements and formulate an effective plan to meet such needs and requirements.
- Preparing time-critical quotations for incoming requests ensuring a timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Allocating couriers to pending orders for worldwide requests and booking of their travel arrangements.
- Liaise, direct, and give clear detailed instructions and information to couriers on their assignments and modify assignments as the broker deems necessary to meet global customer needs.
- Monitor and tracking of ongoing shipments with the purpose to ensure high-quality service is delivered and the company’s expectations are met at any time.
- Sourcing, selecting, and negotiating with external suppliers and service providers with the responsibility of determining and delivering appropriate training if necessary to meet the company requirements.
- Debtor and Creditor Invoicing and order settlement.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences, and industry events when required.
- Travel when required in line with business needs.
- All of our On-Board Courier Brokers are office- and desk-based and must use the provided office equipment such as computers, telephones, scanners, and printers on a daily basis.
- Lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs is a requirement.
We offer a competitive salary and an enhanced benefits package.