OBC Broker (m/w/d)
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for confident team players who have a passion for the air charter, aviation, or travel industry; thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn OBC team.
You bring the passion and experience; and we provide the training and the opportunity to embark on a long and successful career in aviation, with growth and development opportunities.
We are looking for a motivated On Board Courier Broker (m/f/d) to join our growing team in either Cologne, Frankfurt, Berlin or Munich. Our ideal candidate could bring some initial understanding from a travel, freight forwarding or similar aviation related role, but the passion to succeed in this fast pace environment outweighs the need for formal experience.
The successful candidate will be a self-confessed ‘aviation geek’ and will enjoy working as part of a diverse global team – a good sense of humour is needed to survive! We are also looking for fluent German and English speakers to join the team due to the international nature of our business.
Purpose of the Role
- To evaluate customer business needs and logistics/courier requirements and format an effective plan to meet such needs and requirements
- To handle, monitor and follow-up on incoming customer requests for OBC shipments in a 24/7 shift cover.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering customers tailored-made solutions to meet with clients’ requests within budgetary and operational restrictions, while making suitable profit for the Company.
- To build strong productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Preparing of time-critical quotations for incoming requests ensuring a timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Allocating of couriers to pending orders for worldwide requests and booking of their travel arrangements.
- Liaise, direct, and give clear detailed instructions and information to couriers and their assignments and modify assignments as broker deems necessary to meet global customer needs.
- Monitor and tracking of on-going shipments with the purpose to ensure a high-quality service is delivered to the customers and the company’s expectations are met at any time.
- Sourcing, selecting, and negotiating with external suppliers and service providers with the responsibility of determining and delivering appropriate training if necessary to meet the company requirements.
- Debtor and Creditor invoicing and order settlement.
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Quick perception, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.