Hong Kong, Hong Kong
We are recruiting for a commercial broker to join our On Board Courier (handcarry) division at our office in Hong Kong.
Chapman Freeborn offers On Board Courier solutions and thrives on completing challenging time-critical deliveries globally. Our specialist hand-carry division “Chapman Freeborn OBC” has a global network of freelance couriers and level of expertise that is second to none in the industry!
The ideal candidate must bring previous work experience from the handcarry or air freight industry and will possess the skills required to coordinate multiple shipments in a timely and structured manner in a pressured environment. We are looking for confident individuals who are passionate about the Aviation Industry and are keen to further their career in the competitive and fast-paced handcarry industry. If you feel you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role and you are keen to work as part of a global team then we would love to hear from you!
Due to the global nature of the business and team structure, it is essential for the successful candidate to speak fluent Mandarin and English; any additional language skills such as Spanish or French are desirable.
Purpose of the role
- To handle, monitor and follow-up on incoming customer requests for OBC shipments in a 24/7 shift cover.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering customers tailor-made solutions to meet clients’ requests within budgetary and operational restrictions, while making a suitable profit for the Company.
- To build strong productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- To evaluate customer business needs and logistics/courier requirements and formulate an effective plan to meet such needs and requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Preparing of time-critical quotations for incoming requests ensuring a timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Allocating of couriers to pending orders for worldwide requests and booking of their travel arrangements.
- Liaise, direct and give clear detailed instructions and information to couriers on their assignments and modify assignments as broker deems necessary to meet global customer needs.
- Monitor and tracking of on-going shipments with the purpose to ensure high quality service is delivered and the company’s expectations are met at any time.
- Sourcing, selecting and negotiating with external suppliers and service providers with the responsibility of determining and delivering appropriate training if necessary to meet the company requirements.
- Debtor and Creditor Invoicing and order settlement.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events when required.
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
Chapman Freeborn OBC offers door-to-door, on board courier services for time-critical shipments.
The company is headquartered in Europe with additional operations centres in USA and Hong Kong – providing clients with 24/7/365 hand-carry solutions.
With Chapman Freeborn OBC, a dedicated courier accompanies the shipment from pick up to delivery straight to the recipient.
Whether it’s manufacturing components to keep an assembly line running, the latest prototype technology, or a time-sensitive consignment of samples, Chapman Freeborn OBC gets it delivered.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the advertised positions. Chapman Freeborn OBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any resumes or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.