Office Administrator / Receptionist
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
Join our global team as an experienced Office Administrator in the UK, Gatwick!
Passionate about air charter, aviation, or travel? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? We want you! You’ll manage our reception desk, and create a positive atmosphere. You’ll also work closely with our Office Manager & General Manager, and have the opportunity to learn and grow with us.
Purpose of the Role
- General Office Administration and management of the reception desk
- Supporting and deputising in absence of the Office Manager
- Create a positive atmosphere in and around the reception/office using initiatives and other methods
- Working with the Office Manager & General Manager to perform duties as required
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage the Data Protection Purging Process for UK office jointly with the Office Manager
- Answer all telephone calls that are directed to the UK general number to help screen and direct them to the relevant department.
- Manage the reception desk, ensuring a positive atmosphere for staff and visitors
- Attend to the vending machine, including re-stocking, and giving the cash to Accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure kitchen supplies and vending machine supplies are stocked (Tesco order) (liaise with Office Manager)
- Ensure that the fleet car is serviced, cleaned, is roadworthy (MOT) and AA cover valid
- Check stationary stocks and order through preferred supplier (liaise with Office Manager)
- Keep up to date records on all bookings/stock bought etc (audit trail for invoice checking)
- Arrange taxi bookings as required, record and audit for invoicing
- Book local hotels for visiting staff as required, record and audit for invoicing
- Assist with Health and Safety within the office
- Arrange couriers as required using preferred courier company. Track, record and audit for invoicing.
- Prepare parcels for shipment /package items for courier and post
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Management Teams
- Assist HR/PA’s with charity days/events
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Charismatic and positive
- Showing initiative to be involved with each department and daily activities
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.