Oil & Gas (Energy) Director, Global
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for an experienced Oil and Gas (Energy) Director who is located in either the UK, US, or IMEA and is seasoned in the aviation industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment; and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of the chain supply for energy (oil, gas, solar, wind turbines); will be a hands-on and collaborative leader; enjoy developing others and leading a team.
If you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role we want to hear from you!
Purpose of the Role
- To develop, in conjunction with the Chief Commercial Officer and Regional Director’s requirements, strategies in the Energy sector, as well as long and short terms objectives
- To work closely with the Regional Directors to align and coordinate operations and sales activities for the commercial benefit of the Company and to provide solutions where issues arise.
- Working alongside Regional Directors to help train and develop broking staff with company standard operating procedures.
- To assist the Group by delivering new clients and enhancing existing customer’s business worldwide, by also utilising the supporting teams in the regions.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
Oil and Gas (Energy) Director
- Responsible for developing and communicating the cargo strategies for the Energy sector (global, regional and local level) to achieve the targets, expand the customer base and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Implementing business objectives across the Group in line with the Executive Committee and Regional Director’s requirements.
- To work in conjunction with Country Managers and Regional Directors to develop with them, country and/or region-specific plans and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business and increase the revenue
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets.
- To monitor the monthly progress against the strategies set and/or budgets and report to the Chief Commercial Officer any issues or concerns making appropriate recommendations for action where applicable.
- To report back to the Chief Commercial Officer on the country and/or regional activities and align strategies with Country Managers.
- To monitor the progress of the energy cargo strategies against individual regional budgets and regularly report progress to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- To improve group communication through regular dialogue with internal stakeholders and to promote closer, and coordinated working relationships amongst energy and cargo personnel across the Group.
- To advise management and relevant broker teams on the agreed annual cargo strategies on a regular basis to ensure adherence and smooth operations.
- Developing, in conjunction, with Regional Directors, regional resources for cargo teams working within the energy sector
- To provide support and guidance to Cargo teams working within the energy sector.
- Setting up agendas and leading conference calls to ensure that all relevant teams are aligned with global strategy
- Keep up to date with the activities of energy or cargo teams using the appropriate network of communication.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to energy teams within the various regions.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach for inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate energy cargo Strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire the energy teams by providing mentoring and ongoing training, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.
- To work in correlation with the Executive Committee, Regional Directors, energy, cargo and all other relevant teams across the group (where applicable).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Executive Committee, Senior Management and Management Teams.
- To actively build strong rapport with the Cargo Directors and Senior Management Team to ensure the overall Cargo strategy is implemented effectively.
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives within the cargo vertical to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organisation’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events, where applicable.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- To work in conjunction with the Regional Directors and Senior Management teams to ensure that both Operational and Sales activities are aligned and work in harmonization with each other.
Group policies and procedures
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.