We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Receptionist to join our dynamic Gatwick Head Office for an initial 12 month Fixed-Term Contract role. Our successful candidate will have had previous experience in a Reception or front of house position and will be competent in a wide range of administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of our busy HQ!
Our ideal candidate will have strong IT skills and will be confident in using Microsoft Outlook for emails and calendar arrangements, Excel Spreadsheets and Microsoft Teams. A flexible and positive attitude is required to succeed in this role, as is a keen eye for detail and the ability to prioritise an ever changing and busy workload. Due to the nature of particular tasks required, a full UK driving licence will be essential.
If you are a friendly, helpful and confident people-person who has a passion for all things aviation, we would love to hear from you today!
Key Role Responsibilities
- Answer all telephone calls that are directed to the UK general number to help screen and direct them to the relevant department.
- Take and relay messages where applicable.
- Provide information to callers, where applicable and screen calls to limit cold calls being transferred to departments.
- Meet and greet visitors to the office and staff visiting from our global offices
- Ensure effective administration of board meetings e.g. refreshments, lunch and room set up.
- Tidy and maintain the reception and all meeting rooms areas daily
- Manage meeting room bookings
- Look after the vending machine, including re-stocking, and giving the cash to Accounts on a weekly basis.
- Ensure kitchen supplies and vending machine supplies are stocked (Tesco order) (liaise with Office Manager)
- Ensure coffee is stocked and order as required from the suppliers (liaise with Office Manager)
- Ensure that the fleet cars are serviced, cleaned, are roadworthy (MOT) and are AA covered
- Look after the water machines/white goods (fridges/microwaves/dishwashers) are in working order and call engineers when required
- Keep up to date records on all bookings/stock brought etc (audit trail for invoice checking)
- Prepare all department documents for archiving and keep records. Arrange shredding of archived documents when appropriate
- Ensue DART account is kept up to date
Post and courier services
- Distribute the post daily and ensuring post is given to the correct recipient / department alongside GDPR compliance.
- Work with the Office Manager and PAs to handle courier deliveries and ensure these reach the nominated recipient.
- Provide advice on non-standard postal and courier dispatch e.g. recorded delivery, and make arrangements where required.
- Coordinate the post reaching the post office (when applicable) and manage special deliveries. Maintaining the relevant receipts where applicable. Set up online service and work with reception downstairs to implement.
- To prepare parcels for shipment /package items for courier and post
- Look after the franking machine, ensure daily post is franked and taken to main reception for Royal Mail to collect and ensure enough ‘stamp’ funds are uploaded onto it.
Chapman Freeborn combines over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The company’s diverse client base includes major corporations, governments, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and relief agencies, as well as high net worth individuals (HNWIs) and prominent figures from the entertainment world.
Chapman Freeborn’s depth of aviation expertise includes managing passenger and cargo charter operations, aircraft leasing, humanitarian airlifts, and much more.
The group’s subsidiary companies include Chapman Freeborn OBC, Chapman Freeborn Flight Support, Intradco Cargo Services, Magma Aviation, and Arcus Air Logistics.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.