Regional Director of Government & Humanitarian, APAC
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a Regional Director – Government & Humanitarian, APAC, who is an expert at driving growth in a similar role and has been leading operations across the region, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Regional President APAC and to the Group Director Government & Humanitarian, to be responsible for developing and communicating the Government & Humanitarian service strategies (Regional and local) and implementing related business objectives across the Group in line with the Executive Committee and Regional President’s requirements.
- To work in conjunction with Country Managers and Regional President to develop with them, country and/or region-specific plans and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- To monitor the monthly progress against the strategies and/or budgets and report to the Group Director Government & Humanitarian any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- To report back to the Group Director Government & Humanitarian on the country and/or regional activities and adherence to the Government & Humanitarian strategies of each Country Manager.
- To monitor progress of the Government & Humanitarian cross function strategies against individual regional budget and regularly report progress to the Group Director Government & Humanitarian.
- To improve group communication through regular dialog with internal stakeholders and to promote closer and coordinated working relationships amongst Government & Humanitarian cross function personnel throughout the Region.
- To advise management and relevant broker teams on the agreed annual Government & Humanitarian cross function strategies on a regular basis to ensure adherence and smooth operations.
- To provide support and guidance to Government & Humanitarian teams as applicable.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Government & Humanitarian or Cargo / Pax teams and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Government & Humanitarian or Cargo/Pax teams using the appropriate network of communication.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to Government & Humanitarian teams within the region.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach for inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate Government & Humanitarian Cargo Strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire the Government & Humanitarian teams by providing mentoring and ongoing training, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.
Qualities We Look For
- Several years of experience in the industry and the Government & Humanitarian field.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Expertise in idea generation and implementation.
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.