Trainee Cargo Charter Broker
We are recruiting for a Trainee Cargo Charter Broker to join our dynamic and diverse Cargo Charter team in Poland. We are looking for a team player with a proven interest in the aviation and cargo charter industry and we are keen to hear from all applicants why they are interested in this position and what they would bring to this niche and challenging industry. Therefore it is mandatory for all applicants to submit a cover letter with their application.
If you are ambitious, confident and enjoy working under pressure and towards tight deadlines, please do not hesitate to apply for this rare opportunity. It is desirable for the ideal candidate to bring first experience from working in the freight forwarding industry however, this is not essential as training will be provided to the successful candidate.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business. Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Purpose of the role
- To develop knowledge, skills and behaviour to be an effective Cargo Charter Broker.
- To learn to manage all aspects of a Cargo charter flight from initial request to putting offers together, following up with client and carrying through to booking and handling of flight operation to its completion
- To build strong, productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
Key Job Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers for offers.
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with CF charter agreement.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
Main Areas of Training
- Pre-qualifying requests.
- Compiling responses.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Putting together offer template presentations.
- Making timely offers to clients.
- Verifying supplier contracts in detail and ensuring all terms comply with CF charter agreement.
Client Relationship Management
- Assist the Cargo Team in responding to commercial charter requests efficiently whilst creating a professional rapport with our clients.
- Select appropriate solutions to satisfy clients’ requirements, provide an accurate quote and establish effective dialogue with the client.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the cargo team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other cargo brokers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Use initiative to identify new and potential areas for business development.
- Develop new business through initiative; follow up on news leads, client recommendations and pro-active networking.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Cold call prospective clients to help build on our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- In a timely manner, as defined by the Manager, record all pertinent customer prospect information in the Company CRM system: Quotes inquiries, charter contracts terms & conditions, aircraft availability, clients’ profiles, sales activity (as applicable) and industry developments.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports, operators and handlers.
- Act as representative for a number of aircraft charters to gain experience of different aircraft capacities and their performances.
- Support to ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
- Ensure all invoices are raised with correct and accurate information and paid to a specified time scale.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.