(Trainee) Flight Support Coordinator
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a pro-active Trainee Flight Support Coordinator to join our VIP charter operations team at our Gatwick Head Office. The ideal candidate, who will assist with a wide variety of flights, should bring a passion for the aviation industry and enjoy working in a busy environment. The ability to multitask, good time management skills and previous customer experience are essential for this position, as well as fluent written and spoken English. Previous aviation industry experience is highly desirable, but training will be provided.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Purpose of the role
- To provide operational support to the department, enabling the product to be delivered to a VIP standard and to the required deadline.
- To support to coordinate all operational aspects of charter flights including all necessary steps from flight confirmation to flight completion.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To support managing all operational aspects of charters from flight confirmation to flight completion and customer feedback.
- Create detailed flight briefs for fixed bookings.
- Liaise with brokers and / or clients on flight setup.
- Liaise and set up flight watch coverage with Chapman Freeborn Flight Support using in house documentation.
- Issue flight briefs with all accurate flight information.
- Communicate with suppliers at all times to ensure clients requirements are met to a VIP standard.
- Coordinate with airport handlers and authorities to set up VIP handling, tarmac access, government entrances, VIP lounges, aircraft parking, flight connections, etc.
- Coordinate with transportation for tarmac access, driver’s clearances, etc.
- Coordinate with customs / handlers for UK remote clearances, pre clearances, passports and ATA carnets stamping in case of freight carriage.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure that all special requests are fulfilled. E.g. catering, wheelchairs, carts, etc.
- Setup ancillary flight options, VIP lounges, decals, cars, special requests etc.
- Make sure that current Passenger lists are logged in the handlers system to provide the current boarding passes when passenger arrive.
- Arrange representatives and flights riders for specific projects, transport, hotac etc.
- Find opportunities to increase revenue e.g. transport, VIP lounges, headrests, catering, etc.
- Use established in-house systems to document client relationship management.
- Use established in-house systems and formats to log and generate operational documentation.
- Ensure all client and supplier data is kept up to date and is managed in a discreet and legal compliant manner.
- Update airline, airport, handlers and other relevant operational data vital to the day to day operations of the team.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers.
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport control authority procedures.
- Update the VIP operators list with the most recent information on the operator’s fleet details.
- Ensure airport capabilities and requirements are kept up to date.
- Assist VIP team with saving new contracts and sending them to the Legal Archive database
- Introduction to quoting and providing indications to clients at Managers request
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.