Trainee Passenger Charter Broker
We are recruiting for a Trainee Passenger Charter Broker to join our diverse and dynamic Commercial Charter team at our head office in Gatwick. We are looking for a team player with a proven interest in the aviation and passenger charter industry who enjoys working in a busy team environment! Experience in an inside sales role, such as telesales or recruitment, would be very useful for the successful candidate to bring.
We would also encourage applications from candidates who have up to 1 years’ experience currently as a Passenger Charter Broker or similar position within a broking or airline background and are looking to take their career to new heights with an industry leader like Chapman Freeborn!
If you are ambitious, engaged and keen to develop a career in the commercial aviation industry, please do not hesitate to apply for this rare opportunity. It would be desirable for a candidate to bring a relevant degree in an aviation related field but this is not essential as training will be provided to the successful candidate.
We are keen to hear from all applicants why they are interested in this position and what they would bring to this niche and challenging industry. Therefore it is encouraged for all applicants to submit a cover letter with their application.
Main Areas of Training
- Pre-qualifying requests
- Compiling responses
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Putting together offer template presentations
- Making timely offers to clients
- Verifying supplier contracts in detail and ensuring all terms comply with company requirements
All of the above is to be undertaken with the use of internal systems and other systems/sources where appropriate
Key Job Responsibilities
- Flight Quoting
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
Client Relationship Management
- Assist Passenger Team in responding to commercial charter requests efficiently whilst creating a professional rapport with our clients.
- Select appropriate solutions to satisfy clients’ requirements, provide an accurate quote and establish effective dialogue with the client.
- Use initiative to identify new and potential areas for business development.
- Develop new business through initiative, follow up on news leads, client recommendations and pro-active networking.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Cold call prospective clients to help build on our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- In a timely manner, as defined by the Manager, record all pertinent customer prospect information in the Company CRM system: Quotes inquiries, charter contracts terms & conditions, aircraft availability, clients’ profiles, sales activity (as applicable) and industry developments.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports, operators and handlers.
- Act as representative for a number of aircraft charters to gain experience of different aircraft capacities and their performances.
- Ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
- Ensure all invoices are raised with correct and accurate information and paid to a specified time scale.
Chapman Freeborn combines over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The company’s diverse client base includes major corporations, governments, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and relief agencies, as well as high net worth individuals (HNWIs) and prominent figures from the entertainment world.
Chapman Freeborn’s depth of aviation expertise includes managing passenger and cargo charter operations, aircraft leasing, humanitarian airlifts, and much more.
The group’s subsidiary companies include Chapman Freeborn OBC, Chapman Freeborn Flight Support, Intradco Cargo Services, Magma Aviation, and Arcus Air Logistics.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.