Vice President of Finance, Americas
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for confident team players who have a passion for the air charter, aviation, or travel industry; thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
You bring the passion and experience; and we provide the training and the opportunity to embark on a long and successful career in aviation, with growth and development opportunities.
Purpose of the Role
To perform, lead and develop the Financial Function in the Country and in the Region to ensure effective development of Chapman Freeborn Group value through excellence in Management Accounting, Business control, Investment activities, Tax/Treasury, and Risk handling working collaboratively with the Head of the country and of the Region and effectively managing Finance Managers/Management accountants in the country and in the Region.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Provide Country and Region management reports to the Head of the Country and of the Region as well as Group Finance team on a monthly basis in line with deadlines set.
- Taking ownership of high quality consolidation and presentation of Country and Region information to be used in the decision-making by Country & Region Head as well as Group Finance.
- Ensure compliance with Chapman Freeborn policy and procedures, local accounting standards and IFRS in the Region countries
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for all financial processes and transactions. Regularly review internal control processes to ensure they are sufficient and appropriate.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
Management of cash flow & authorisation of payments
- Ensure adequate cash flow for the ongoing needs of the Country and the Region by ensuring debts are recovered and payments are made to suppliers on time utilising credit terms as far as possible.
- Establish payment control procedures to ensure their validity, correctness and to limit the organisation’s exposure to risk as far as possible.
- Ensure Group Credit policy requirements are followed in daily operations.
Accounts Payable Management
- Implement effective controls to ensure invoices are authorised appropriately, processed timeously and accurately.
- Ensure third party and intercompany creditors are paid within terms, but taking advantage of credit terms provided.
- Ensure the weekly creditor’s report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Ensure department heads and brokers are provided with their relevant creditor’s reports weekly.
- Ensure all sales invoices are raised timeously and accurately.
- Ensure third party debts and intercompany debts are recovered within terms and any disputes are resolved timeously.
- Ensure the weekly debtors’ report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Ensure department heads and brokers are provided with their relevant debtor reports weekly.
- Ensure effective processes in place of complying with local tax laws and regulations (VAT/Income Tax/Other applicable taxes)
People management & Payroll
- Effectively manage personnel in line with Group HR policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations. Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Manage payroll process in the Country and in the Region to ensure local legal regulations are met and internal requirements followed.
- Taking full responsibility for Audit process in the country and steer for audit process in the Region.
- Follow Group requirements to meet Audit deadlines and submit required deliverables.
- Ensure effective performance measurement in the Country and in the Region and propose directions for improvement in performance.
- Manage all members of the team and ensure they are meeting their individual objectives and department objectives as a whole. Ensure their overall development in the best interests of the department and the organisation.
- Ensure staff comply with the policies and procedures relevant to the finance department
- Seek to improve the running of the department on an ongoing basis
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Country and Region finance teams.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Finance Managers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
What we look for in the ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in similar capacity
- Cultivate productive relationships within the accounts team and ensure all members of the team are working towards the goals of the department and organisation
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hours duty within the team.
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.