Vice President Passenger, Europe
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a Vice President for passenger charter in Gatwick, Frankfurt, or Cologne, with a passion for the air charter and aviation, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To proactively identify target and secure business opportunities for VIP and Commercial Passenger Charter
- To source and then introduce new business within key market sectors, amongst others (Music, Travel Agency/TMC, Corporate, Entertainment, Military, Humanitarian).
- To build strong and productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure Chapman Freeborn is the clear and preferred choice for air chartering. Negotiate preferred agreements within target clients.
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities.
- Responsible for developing the Passenger Sales Strategies and implementing related business objectives across Europe in line with local senior management, Regional Manager Europe and Group CCO for Passenger Solutions.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to Sales staff and brokers in Europe.
- To actively work on an up-to-date sales pipeline for the Passenger following group sales procedures and guidelines.
- To pro-actively cross and upsell the Passenger to inter-company business and to the parent company Avia Solutions Group (ASG) with the aim to foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Responsible for developing the Passenger Sales Strategy and implementing related business objectives across Europe in line with local Senior management, Regional Manager Europe and CCO for Passenger Solutions.
- Working in conjunction with Passenger Charter brokers to develop with them, country specific plans in line with Passenger Sales Strategies and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- Monitor progress monthly against the Sales Strategy and report to Regional Manager Europe and CCO Passenger Solutions bi-monthly. (Feb/Apr/Jun/Aug/Oct/Dec) highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- To report back on the activities and adherence to Passenger Sales Strategies of each sales staff in Europe.
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Cold calling prospect clients to help build no our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Passenger Charter team and other offices.
- Be responsible to conduct annual employee performance reviews using the company’s HRIS to define clear KPI’s for the team that are achievable and measurable. Setting targets that are in line with the strategy.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to all staff in Europe.
- To work in correlation with Passenger Operations to ensure both operational and sales activities are aligned and work in harmony with each other.
- To actively build strong rapport with the key internal stakeholders to ensure the strategy is implemented effectively.
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Europe Marketing Department, to undertake Europe specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.