VIP Charter Manager
We are currently recruiting for a VIP Charter Manager to join our growing team based in Gatwick, UK. We are searching for a commercially focused hands-on manager who has demonstrable experience of motivating and growing a successful team. The ideal candidate will bring experience from the air charter, or VIP aviation industries.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and able to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally. A keen problem solver and self-motivator, we are keen to hear from collaborative and motivational team leaders who are keen to develop a long term career with an industry frontrunner.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business. Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Purpose of Role
- To effectively manage the UK VIP team to ensure the achievement of individual, team and company objectives is in line with the overall VIP Charter strategy.
- To pro-actively drive growth from existing and new customers working with the wider Chapman Freeborn team.
- Maintain a positive and healthy team environment allowing for all ‘voices to be heard’, whilst adhering to company guidelines and following best practices in order to minimise company liability and exposure.
- To work with existing and potential clients and handling enquiries from their conception to execution by offering tailored solutions suitable to client requirement within budgetary and operational restrictions whilst making a suitable profit for the company.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers for offers.
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with Chapman Freeborn charter agreements.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
- Communicate with suppliers at all times to ensure clients’ requirements are met.
- Evaluate market trends and profiles to make calculated assessments of the current and future market and to identify new potential areas for business development to ensure success over competitors.
- Encourage team members to develop new business through initiative, follow up on new leads, client recommendations and pro-active networking.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Create new and innovative sales approaches for specific areas.
- Create new department tools to assist in alleviating individual workload.
- Ensure requirements of company contracting are met and that every contract issued is correct and signed by the department
- Ensure all staff members have a solid understanding of contracting and the associated procedures to ensure that all contracts are completed accurately and are legally compliant.
- Assist group wide with contracting and assist in the correction of contracts with airlines for other Chapman Freeborn offices.
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- Manage all operational aspects of charters from the first enquiry to completion of the trip.
- Ensure client is always kept informed of any development linked to specific bookings.
- Building up strong relationships when making cold calls to new clients.
- Visit clients on a regular basis.
- Meet regularly with airlines to maintain ongoing relationship and negotiate exclusive deals for the CF Group
- Ensure all client and supplier data is kept up to date and is managed in a discreet manner
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers.
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport and control authority procedures.
- Report on department progress against objectives to senior management and board members.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the VIP team including individual training and progression of team members.
- Monitor team activity and create monthly reports for the board of directors.
- Analyse individuals’ progress against team targets.
- Provide guidance to team staff on delivery of key responsibilities.
- Set targets for the team’s annual expectations.
- Summarise monthly progress towards targets and communicate this to staff.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff within the VIP team and ensure staff remain motivated and enthusiastic whilst creating vision and scope for future developments.
- Ensure effective balance of workload across the team.
- Effectively manage personnel in line with Group HR policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.