Cargo Operations Coordinator
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are looking for a motivated Cargo Operations Coordinator to join our growing Government & Humanitarian division as part of our Cargo Charter team in Gatwick, UK. The ideal candidate brings a few years’ experience from working in a similar operational role within cargo air freight. We are looking for a highly organized, solution-driven individual who is competent with different computer software and enjoys working under pressure.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
You bring the passion and experience; and we provide the training and the opportunity to embark on a long and successful career in aviation, with growth and development opportunities.
Purpose of Role
- To provide operational support for the Humanitarian department and UK cargo
- To make the department more productive enabling more flights to be booked.
- To provide additional support on brokering duties to the team and to assist with day-to-day business operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage all operational aspects of charters from flight confirmation to flight completion and customer feedback.
- Create detailed flight briefs for fixed bookings.
- Assisting with loadability studies for different aircraft types
- Liaise with brokers and / or clients on flight setup.
- Liaise and set up flight watch coverage with Chapman Freeborn Operations Team using in house documentation.
- Issue flight briefs with all accurate flight information.
- Communicate with suppliers at all times to ensure clients requirements are met to a High standard.
- Coordinate with airport handlers and authorities to set up cargo and aircraft handling, permit applications, etc.
- Monitoring all aspects of the ground processes prior/upon arrival (Ramp handling/Cargo handling)
- Coordinate with customs / handlers for UK remote clearances, pre clearances, passports and ATA carnets stamping in case of freight carriage.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure that all special requests are fulfilled.
- Reconcile projects to the point of closure;
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues;
- Requesting and checking airline schedules and live flights tracking.
- Ensure all outstanding requests are followed up on a daily basis;
- Approval of invoices for all services used by Operations department and also prepare outgoing invoices;
- Flight monitoring over weekends and any other duties as may be appropriate from time to time.
- Working in a professional environment
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working as part of a team
- Experience in Air Freight Operations
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.