Modern Slavery Statement
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Issued on behalf of Chapman Freeborn Holdings Ltd, Chapman Freeborn International Ltd, Chapman Freeborn Airchartering Ltd and Magma Aviation Ltd (collectively, the “CF Entities”)
20 March 2019
This statement is issued on behalf of the CF Entities in accordance with the requirements of the United Kingdom’s Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The CF Entities continue to recognise that modern slavery is an international issue that forces vulnerable people to work illegally against their will.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and aim to ensure that our employees, subcontractors and suppliers understand our commitment to human rights and are able to identify and report indications of exploitation.
CF Entities are primarily engaged in the arrangement of cargo and passenger aircraft charters, freight air transportation, together with the provision, and arrangement of, aviation support services. In the cargo market, CF Entities specialise in arranging charters and leases of aircraft for a wide ranging client base including freight forwarders, multinational corporations, governments and humanitarian agencies. Our passenger charter activities service the air travel requirements of multinational corporations, HNWIs, travel industry partners and leading names from the entertainment business.
Our supplier network consists predominantly of commercial aircraft operators engaged in the transportation by air of passengers and/or cargo, together with other aviation support services providers, as well as overland and sea transportation companies. The majority of these suppliers are engaged on a short term, transaction specific, basis.
We will not knowingly conduct business with anyone engaged in modern slavery or human trafficking or knowingly permit such conduct to be carried out in any of our supply chains.
We have adopted a risk-based approach to the assessment of our business and supply chain, taking geographical, industry, regulatory and market factors into account in order to identify whether there are in fact categories of supply that present a higher risk of modern slavery being present.
To date, there have been no reported instances of concerns regarding modern slavery within our businesses or supplier network.
Responsibility for the CF Entities’ anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Statement: The Modern Slavery Statement is updated annually by key personnel and has been approved by the Board of Directors of CFH;
- Supplier sourcing/due diligence: assessment of slavery and trafficking risk as part of supplier due diligence enquiries;
- Training: An internal, internet based, training programme has been implemented for all employees. This training is intended to raise awareness and to include identification of modern slavery risks in the supply chain and to promote further transparency and improvements in managing these risks. In addition, an annual reminder is issued to employees concerning modern slavery.
Relevant Policies and Employee Handbook
The CF Entities operate the following relevant policies:
- Whistleblowing statement: this statement is included within our Employee Handbook and reinforces the principles of open reporting, whereby employees are able to raise potential issues and concerns confidentially. We intend to enhance this with a specific policy which, in part, would be designed to encourage reporting of concerns related to the direct activities of, or the supply chains of, the CF Entities.
- Corporate Social Responsibility policy: Our CSR policy includes specific reference to modern slavery.
We will continue to review, develop and promote our policies and practices to identify and mitigate risk areas for modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, has been approved by the Board of Directors of CFH and will be reviewed and updated annually.
Group Chief Executive Officer
Request a quote
With over 45 years of experience in the cargo charter market, we will give you the information that you need to make an informed decision.
For decades, we’ve been arranging group charter flights for passengers worldwide. Speak to our specialist team today about booking a group charter flight.
Whether you require a private jet charter for business or leisure, our specialist team is on hand to listen to your requirements. Speak to our expert team today about booking a private jet charter.